“Chapter 144: The Isolated East Island”
– Ugh… It’s so cold…
A freezing temperature assaulted us as Mike, Ever and I arrived at a white landscape.
– It’s always this cold.
Some things never change.
– Where are we
Residents here are descendants of… Oni, I think
In front of us was a huge red shrine arc leading to a set of stone stairs.
– Akane’s village is located ahead.
I didn’t tell her you were coming, but she’s a good girl, I’m sure she’ll take it just fine.
– I thought you’d want to stop me.
– I don’t want to force her.
If she wants to stop being my disciple, so be it.
Whatever makes her happy.
That doesn’t apply to you, though.
I’m not letting you quit.
– Thank you for the unnecessary favoritism.
A big part of my growth Akane mentions is thanks to her.
I know Akane said I’ve changed, but I don’t believe that to be the case.
I’m still the same spoiled kid who needs to be saved constantly.
Which is why I need my disciple partner.
– I won’t be able to see Akane I’ll feel lonely… (Mike)
– I’m sure she’ll think about it again if we ask her.
– You have one week.
Do what you feel like you have to do.
– Thank you so much, Grandmaster.
– Anything for my precious apprentice.
Ever went back to Bay Road, leaving Mike and me alone in front of the stone staircase.
– Let’s go.
TLN: I don’t usually like leaving names/terms untranslated, but I believe leaving it as Oni would be for the better.
I’m sure most of you are acquaintanced with them, but just in case, here‘s an explanation of what Oni are.